Data Collection Fund
Mountain District Data Collection Fund
In 2020, the Mountain District of ITE created a Data Collection Fund to encourage Student Chapter involvement with the profession. This program is specifically aimed at creating interest in transportation through practical activities and mentoring.
Purpose of the Data Collection Fund
- To generate relevant technical data for transportation engineers and planners.
- To facilitate ITE Student Chapter activity and student mentoring by transportation professionals.
- To focus real world selection process and on practical, day-to-day, minor research in transportation engineering and planning.
- To focus on the collection of basic data.
- To provide funds to student chapters that may be used to offset travel costs for students to attend ITE meetings, which help them to better understand the transportation profession by meeting a wide range of working members.
A Request for Proposals is issued in the fall, and selected student chapters are notified in January. Data collection projects can begin in the winter and must be completed by June 1 of the year.
The Mountain District Board of Directors has approved up to $2,000 to be awarded to the student chapters ($1,000 each for up to two chapters) to collect trip generation and parking data. It is recommended that the student chapters incorporate this data collection fund effort into their current transportation course work where possible, as a lab assignment or mini-capstone analysis project.
The 2020 RFP will focus on trip generation and parking demand for unique land uses. Some of the suggested land uses are shown below. Data is being requested for these particular land uses because of the limited availability of current data, and need for current and reliable data for the profession.
2020 Data Collection Fund
Deadline: Proposals due February 14, 2020 by 5PM Mountain Time to the Student and Younger Member Committee Chair.