Job Posting: City of Billings City Traffic Engineer/Engineer III
CITY TRAFFIC ENGINEER/ENGINEER III
The City of Billings Engineering Division is seeking a City Traffic Engineer who will supervise, plan and coordinate the activities and operations of the Traffic Engineering Program; coordinate assigned activities with other divisions, outside agencies and the general public; and provide highly responsible and complex staff assistance to the City Engineer.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to: coordinate the organization, staffing, and operational activities of the Traffic Engineering Program, perform a full range of professional engineering duties involved in the design, planning, and implementation of traffic systems, supervise and monitor the work of all consulting engineers; select, train, motivate and evaluate assigned personnel; participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, polices and priorities for the Traffic Engineering Program; attend and participate in professional group meetings and stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of traffic engineering. This position requires strong interpersonal skills.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Salary: $35.88 - $37.65/hour, salary at hiring will be dependent upon the applicant’s education and experience (this salary range reflects steps 1 and 2 of a 7 step pay scale), plus excellent benefits.
• Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
• Registered Professional Engineer’s License
• Five (5) years’ experience in traffic/transportation engineering
• The ability to operate personal computers and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, or equivalent is required
• Experience with city government and knowledge of department or function operations is preferred
• Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) certification
• City of Billings job application
• Cover letter
All positions are subject to a pre-employment drug test.
The application and supporting documents can be submitted online at www.billingsmt.gov or to City of Billings, Human Resources, 210 N. 27th Street, Billings, MT 59101. EOE.
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
See our JOBS webpage for more information!