Job Posting: MCDOT Arterial Mobility Analyst
Posted by azite on Jan. 14, 2021 / Arizona Section Notifications / Subscribe
About the Position
Do you hate being stuck in traffic? Be a part of the team that streamlines the flow of traffic!
The Arterial Mobility Analyst works with a state-of-the-art Traffic Management Center (TMC) to improve traffic flow. In this role, high importance is placed on promoting arterial mobility through advanced traffic management systems, including traffic signals, traffic incident management (TIM) processes, and traveler information sharing.
About the Department of Transportation
We value your time. The time with your family. The time you spend on the road. And the time you spend making a difference. At the Maricopa County Department of Transportation, we provide connections that improve people’s lives. By combining innovative technologies with the vast talent of our employees, we plan for future needs and operate a transportation system with the community in mind. Are you interested in contributing to the community in which you work, live, and play? Then join our team—and help us build connections.
We recognize your time is valuable, so please apply if you meet the following required qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or technology field including but not limited to: Engineering, Engineering Technology, Computer Science, GIS, Urban Planning, etc.
- One (1) year of experience in design, operations, the timing of traffic signals, or a related system
- A combination of post-secondary education and/or job-related experience may substitute for the minimum qualifications on a year-for-year basis.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a valid Arizona driver's license by the time of hire.
Our Preferred Candidate has
- Experience in transportation operations with capabilities to monitor several traffic management systems at one time
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Office
- Experience and working knowledge of ITS, traffic signal timing principles and practices, and traffic management center operations
- Experience and working knowledge of the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) and other transportation guidelines and practices such as ITE, NEMA, MAG Standard Details, OSHA, etc.
- Experience reading and interpreting technical information in the form of reports, spreadsheets, and graphs
For more information please visit the AZITE Job posting page.
All applications must be filed online at https://jobs.maricopa.gov.
Return to list