View Jobs and Ads
City of Phoenix Traffic Engineer III (Critical Position)
City of Phoenix
Oct. 26, 2020
The fundamental reason this classification exists is to perform difficult and advanced traffic engineering work involving supervision of activities in a major section or program. Work involves the application of professional traffic engineering knowledge and skills to a variety of engineering functions. Considerable independence and latitude is allowed in determining methods and procedures to complete projects. Currently there is (1) vacancy in the Office of the City Engineer within the Transportation Development Coordination Division.
Transportation Development Coordination Division
Development Projects - This position involves the application of professional traffic engineering knowledge and skills to a variety of engineering functions including advisement on design and approval of horizontal roadway geometrics and traffic signal control plans, performing challenging assignments relative to planning, designing, analyzing data and information within traffic engineering reports, plans and studies. The position will require advising on traffic engineering problems and developing plans for improvements; managing Development Agreements, Master Street Plans, and long range transportation planning efforts for right-of-way improvements; designing and approving plans for safe control and flow of traffic; answering complaints from the public; conferring with department and division heads on mutual and related problems; representing the City of Phoenix on regional committees; obtaining internal approval for and managing projects of varying scope related to traffic engineering and special projects assigned to the department, investigating complaints; and speaking on traffic engineering subjects to interested groups.
- Good writing and oral presentation skills and the ability to address the media and the public.
- Thorough knowledge of transportation and traffic engineering principles.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure, multi-task, meet deadlines, and carry out tasks through to completion.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, courtesy, patience, and tact in public contact and in problem resolution.
- Good organizational skills, ability to handle detail and manage multiple priorities within specific timelines.
- Knowledge of the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials guidelines (AASHTO), Federal Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) and the Arizona Supplements.
- Knowledge of ADA requirements relating to roadway and signalized intersection design and operation and experience in private development coordination and plan review.
This recruitment and any interview process as a result of this recruitment may be used by multiple hiring managers and multiple departments throughout the City to fill any related current or future vacancies; other recruitments and appropriate eligible lists may also be considered.
$68,390- $104,000 annually. Candidates may be hired above the minimum depending upon qualifications.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at https://www.phoenix.gov/hr/current-jobs/ by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address. Reference Traffic Engineer III, Job Code #21130, ID #37588.
HR Connection Center