View Jobs and Ads
Olsson Transportation Technology Senior Engineer
Dec. 2, 2020
We are Olsson, a team-based, purpose-driven engineering and design firm. Our solutions improve communities and our people make it possible.
Our most meaningful asset is our people, and we are dedicated to providing an environment where they cancontinue to learn, grow, and thrive. Our entrepreneurial spirit is what has allowed us — and will continue to allowus — to grow. The result? Inspired people, amazing designs, and projects with purpose.
Professional with expertise in Transportation Technology, including experience with planning, design, installation,operation, and maintenance of technology and software related to transportation infrastructure. It also includes aknowledge of software development, implementation, and management, of wireless, copper, and fiber opticcommunications networks, and of other emerging technology with its application and impacts to surfacetransportation such as connected and autonomous vehicles, data analytics, or other related technology.
You are passionate about:
- Working collaboratively with others
Having ownership in the work you do
Using your talents to positively affect communities
You bring to the team:
- The ability to lead the expansion of Olsson’s transportation technology practice in the company’s westernregion, including building a greater client base, winning and leading projects, seeking and hiring additionalstaff, and adding service lines for new and existing clients.
- Coordinates with technology experts within other Olsson practices to collaborate technology efforts and shareknowledge and experience.
- Internally consults with various offices and partners through out the firm to build relationships and create project opportunities.
- Provides direction in putting together technical resources for key transportation technology projects. This willinclude assisting in pursuit strategies and teaming arrangements.
- Develops and maintains a reputation for specialized expertise by presenting at client and industry events andconferences and/or by publishing in industry-related publications.
- Possesses a strong ability to communicate and coordinate actions across geographic locations.
Olsson is a nationally recognized, employee-owned firm specializing in planning and design, engineering, fieldservices, environmental, and technology. Founded in 1956 on the very mindset that drives us today, we’re hereto improve communities by making them more sustainable, better connected, and more efficient. Simply put, wework to leave the world better than we found it.
As an Olsson employee, you’ll receive our traditional benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid time off,etc.), plus you’ll:
- Become an owner in the company after your first year through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Engage in work that has a positive impact in communities
- Receive an excellent 401(k) match
- Participate in a wellness program promoting balanced lifestyles
- Benefit from a bonus system that rewards performance
- Have the possibility for flexible work arrangements
Olsson is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to applyand be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or anyemployee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender,disability, age, or military status.