View Jobs and Ads
David Evans and Associates Traffic Engineer/Transportation Planner
David Evans and Associates
Jan. 21, 2021
DEA’s Denver, CO office is hiring for a Traffic Engineer/Transportation Planner in our Smart Mobility group. The primary responsibilities for this position will be diverse and will include but not be limited to the following:
- Provide technical direction and task leadership for transportation projects.
- Develop and complete multimodal traffic impact analyses, traffic operations analyses, corridor studies, and area transportation plans.
- Perform research, analyze findings, and prepare recommendations for traffic engineering and transportation planning projects, as well as multi-discipline projects.
- Oversee and develop traffic projections and perform traffic analyses and transportation planning using computer analysis and modeling techniques.
- Assist with and coordinate development and production of project deliverables, including written documentation and presentations.
- Support project managers and task leads on multi-discipline transportation planning and design projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, or related field
- 4+ years of professional engineering or planning experience focusing on transportation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience with traffic analysis software Synchro/SimTraffic, Vissim. TransCAD, TransModeler, SIDRA, Rodel
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work both in teams and independently
- Professional Engineering License or AICP
- 6-10 years of transportation planning and traffic engineering analysis experience on large multiagency planning studies
- Colorado Professional Engineering License
- Colorado DOT and Front Range local agency experience
- Experience in GIS or database management
- Traffic design experience, including traffic signal, signing and striping, and construction traffic control plans and specifications.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Health Savings and Lifestyle Spending Account with employer contribution
- Support for continuing education and training opportunities
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
- Holistic Wellbeing Program with a focus on physical, emotional, financial, career and community health
- Opportunity for growth with support and mentoring to help with professional goals
- RTD EcoPass
Transportation Jobs with DEA
The increasing complexities of modern transportation include growing demands, aging infrastructure, rising costs, funding challenges, and environmental concerns. Agencies and communities faced with improving their transportation systems must do more with less. From initial investigations through planning, concept development, final design, and construction, DEA responds with solutions that serve today’s transportation needs while accommodating tomorrow’s growth. Our Transportation Business Unit focuses on five markets; Smart Mobility, Bridges and Structures, Roads and Highways, Transit and Rail, and Construction Engineering.