About Utah Section
The Utah Section boasts a membership of nearly 200 members with diverse backgrounds including UDOT, UTA, MPOs, municipal, agencies, and private sector professionals. Membership includes traffic engineers, designers, signal technicians, GIS specialists, planners, project managers, and much more.
Our section activities include monthly luncheons with informative guest speakers, an annual one-day seminar, and a summer party and holiday party. These events provide excellent opportunities for professional development, to network, and keep in touch with colleagues and friends.
The Utah Section also encourages membership and attendance of the three student chapters located in Utah: Brigham Young University (Provo), University of Utah (Salt Lake City), and Utah State University (Logan). The Utah Section covers the cost of lunch for students at its monthly meetings, provides discounted admission to the annual seminar, and provides scholarship opportunities including a paper contest, and holds several events that you can take part in. Many current members of ITE began participating with the section as student members.
Our mission is to be the principal source of professional expertise, knowledge and ideas promoting transportation science and principles throughout the State of Utah. The Utah Section promotes professional development of its members, supports and encourages education, and serves as a conduit for the exchange of professional information.
Membership in the Utah Section is assigned automatically when joining ITE International. The annual fee for membership is only $25.00 and is paid together with ITE International dues. Membership in the Utah Section includes the following benefits:
- Being included on our e-mail list with announcements and reminders about upcoming luncheons and other activities
- Discounted tickets for our annual summer party and our special Holiday luncheon in December
- Attendance at the annual conference in January, which provides several hours of professional development
- Numerous opportunities for networking throughout the year.
To join ITE International and the Utah Section please visit: https://www.ite.org/membership/become-a-member/join-ite/
Participation with the Utah Section carries numerous benefits such as networking and continuing education. Here are some of the activities that we typically have over a normal year:
- Annual Conference: The Utah Section Annual Conference is typically held during the month of January. This is an affordable one day conference with multi-faceted speakers from the transportation industry. There are typically 150 to 200 individuals in attendance at this conference.
- Holiday Party: We try to hold the Utah Section Holiday Party the first or second week of December to avoid personal time off and the holiday season.
- Monthly Luncheon Seminars: Typically on the third Tuesday of each month, we will have a speaker that offers up-to-date and informative information directly related to our transportation industry. This monthly seminar is one of the greatest benefits to our section membership. Besides the cost of lunch, there is no additional fee besides your yearly membership dues.
See our Calendar of Events page for more information.
Local Student Chapters
There following three local student chapters are geographically located within the Utah Section:
- University of Utah Student Chapter
- Utah State University Student Chapter Facebook Page
- Brigham Young University Student Chapter