In 2020, two types of awards will be available to Mountain District members – Annual Meeting Awards and International Awards. As the Mountain District builds our unique identity, we anticipate the awards program growing and evolving to showcase the talents, knowledge, and diversity of our membership. If you have questions or would like additional information about the Mountain District awards program, please don’t hesitate to contact Awards Committee Chair Joey Paskey ([email protected]).
Annual Meeting Awards
As we transition from conducting joint Mountain-Western District meetings to sole Mountain District meetings, the Annual Meeting Awards will initially be shared amongst members from both districts. The following awards will be presented at the 2020 District Annual Meeting in Honolulu, HI, and all Mountain and Western District members will be eligible for each:
- Best Annual Meeting Paper Award
- Best Annual Meeting Paper Award By a Young Professional
- Student Paper Award
- Student Chapter Annual Meeting Award
- James H. Kell Competition Award
- Lifetime Achievement Award*
* While it is undetermined at this time if a separate Lifetime Achievement Award will be part of the Mountain District’s annual award program in the future, Past Western District Lifetime Achievement Award winners residing in the new Mountain District will continue to receive all acknowledgements and benefits associated with the Award.
Each year, the Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) sponsors an awards program to honor outstanding achievement in transportation and distinguished service to ITE. In addition to a number of International Awards sponsored by ITE, the following will be awarded at the District level, with the winners advancing for consideration at the International level.
- District/Section Communications Award
- Section Activities Award
- ITE Rising Stars Program
- Student Chapter Award
- Daniel B. Fambro Student Paper Award
The updated awards brochure, including submittal requirements and scoring criteria, is available here for more information. Nominations/submittals for the above will be due to the Mountain District Awards Committee on March 1, 2020. Winners will be notified by May 1 and announced at the Joint ITE International and Southern District Annual Meeting and Exhibition, August 9-12, 2020.