The 2020 inaugural Mountain District awards program was a great success, and we are looking forward to even greater participation in 2021. The new awards program is now available, so start planning for your applications. If you have questions or would like additional information about the Mountain District awards program, please don’t hesitate to contact Awards Committee Chair Joey Paskey ([email protected]).
District and International Awards
Each year, the Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) sponsors an awards program to honor outstanding achievement in transportation and distinguished service to ITE. In addition to a number of International Awards sponsored by ITE, the following will be awarded at the District level, with the winners advancing for consideration at the International level.
- Outstanding Section/Chapter Award (due March 5)
- Section/Chapter Momentum Award (due March 5)
- Transportation Achievement Awards (due March 5)
- Complete Streets
- Transportation Systems Management and Operations (TSMO)
- Traffic Engineering
- District Innovation Award (due April 1)
Student & Young Professionals Awards
Numerous opportunities are available for students and young professionals to compete for awards, to obtain funding for travel expenses to Annual Meetings, and to network with transportation professionals. The following awards will be presented in 2021:
- Young Member of the Year Award (due March 15)
- Daniel B. Fambro Student Paper Award (due March 5)
- Student Chapter Award (due March 5)
- Student Chapter Momentum Award (due March 5)
- Outstanding Undergraduate Student (due April 15)
- Outstanding Graduate Student (due April 15)
- Outstanding Educator Award (due April 15)
- Student Traffic Bowl
congratulations to the 2020 Award Winners!
The 2020 inaugural Mountain District awards program was a great success, honoring 12 individuals, projects, and entities for a variety of awards. See our Awards History page for more details!