Colorado/Wyoming Section Awards
The Colorado-Wyoming Section presents three awards annually – the Transportation Professional of the Year, Student of the Year, and Lifetime Achievement Awards.
The Transportation Professional of the Year Award is presented in May and recognizes notable professionalism and achievement by a Section member during the previous calendar year. A broad range of activities and achievement may be recognized by this award, including:
- Leadership or technical activities on a specific project.
- Leadership (including administration and training) or technical activities within an organization.
- Research activities and/or publications and presentations.
- Notable service to the Institute and/or the Colorado/Wyoming Section.
- Volunteer service effort (such as to community groups) that promotes the professional practice of transportation engineering.
The nomination form can be found here and nominations will be accepted until March 6, 2020.
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MARCH 20th:
The Student of the Year Award will be presented in May to recognize a notable student member of the Colorado/Wyoming Section, and is open to both undergraduate and graduate students. A broad range of activities and achievements may be recognized through this award, including:
- Dedication to the transportation profession
- Leadership within a Colorado/Wyoming student chapter of ITE
- Leadership in other student organizations and/or activities related to transportation
- Commitment to growing student participation in the Colorado/Wyoming Section
- Participation in research activities and/or publications and presentations
- Dedication and professionalism in a transportation-related internship
The nomination form can be found here and nominations will be accepted until March 20, 2020.
Nominees must be a student member of ITE and must be a current undergraduate or graduate student at a school within the states of Colorado and Wyoming. Students who have graduated within the current school year may also be considered.
The winner of the award will receive a plaque and a $500 monetary prize at the May CO/WY Section Luncheon. If the winner of the Colorado/Wyoming Section Student of the Year Award chooses to attend the Joint Western/Mountain District Annual Meeting in Honolulu, HI, in June 2020, additional monetary aid will be available for partial reimbursement of registration, travel, and/or lodging costs.
The Lifetime Achievement Award is presented each year in December and is intended to honor an individual, who for an extended period of time, has contributed in an outstanding manner to the advancement of the transportation engineering profession, the Institute of Transportation Engineering, and the Colorado/Wyoming Section of the Institute of Transportation Engineers. This award is only given to individuals that have given unselfishly of their time and talents to the furtherance of the transportation profession and their professional organization, and by example has inspired fellow professionals to greater service. It is intended that this Award be a periodic award rather than an annual award.
Minimum requirements for the Award are as follows:
- Has attained member grade or higher in the Institute of Transportation Engineers and is a member in good standing of the Colorado/Wyoming Section and;
- Has been active in the field of transportation engineering for ten (10) years or more, and;
- Has made continuous significant contributions to the transportation engineering profession for at least five (5) years.
The nomination form can be found here.